Did you know, sugarless gum can greatly improve your oral health? Well, it’s true! Sugarless gum has many wonderful benefits to offer, which is why our orthodontist and team in New York, New York, is happy to tell you the benefits of sugarless gum.
Keeping your teeth clean is imperative, which is why sugarless gum can be effective. Check out these benefits here:
– Sugarless gum works best after meals, but it is not a substitute for brushing and flossing each day.
– Sugarless gum can also prevent conditions like heartburn. This is helpful because the acids in your esophagus can damage your teeth and weaken your enamel.
– Sugarless gum increases your saliva flow. Saliva washes away food particles, neutralizes acids produced by bacteria, and provides disease-fighting substances in your mouth.
– Studies have shown that chewing sugarless gum for at least 20 minutes after a meal can fight off cavities because of the increase in saliva production.
– Sugarless gum should never be used if you suffer any tooth sensitivity or jaw pain.
– Remember to always choose sugarless gum that has been awarded the American Dental Association Seal of Acceptance.
If you have any questions about your oral health or would like to come in for a dental cleaning, our orthodontist, Dr. Frank Celenza is happy to help you. So, please call us today at 212-327-2623 to set up an appointment with a member of our friendly team. We are always happy to help your smile stay healthy and strong.