Orthodontic treatment can make a huge difference for both the health and appearance of your smile. However, some people are hesitant about receiving orthodontic treatment because of the time involved. If you are concerned about the time required for orthodontics, Dr. Frank Celenza may recommend speed straightening with AcceleDent® technology.
Accelerated Orthodontics Technology
AcceleDent has a mouthpiece that is custom fitted to your teeth. The device is placed in the mouth and held between the teeth during use.
AcceleDent can be used with both braces and clear aligner therapy. This device applies micropulses, or vibrations, that go through the roots of the teeth to affect the surrounding bone. Thus, AcceleDent stimulates bone remodeling. Cellular activity is increased because of the vibration, and the speed of the movement of your teeth is sped up as a result. AcceleDent is used for 20 minutes a day.
Advantages of Accelerated Orthodontics
There are many advantages that come from utilizing accelerated orthodontics with AcceleDent, like:
– AcceleDent is easy to use.
– AcceleDent is proven to speed up orthodontic treatment by up to 50 percent.
– The micropulses of AcceleDent reduce discomfort during orthodontic treatment, particularly when a patient changes aligner sets or has their braces adjusted.
– Patients who use AcceleDent will also require far fewer orthodontic appointments, which saves both money and time.
– AcceleDent can decrease the risk of oral health issues by reducing your chances of cavities, gum inflammation and white spots during orthodontic treatment.
– AcceleDent is a painless, nonsurgical alternative to shortening the duration of orthodontic treatment.
Eligibility for AcceleDent
When you visit our office, ask our doctor if AcceleDent is right for you. An evaluation will be performed to see if you are a good candidate. Photographs, X-rays and impressions may be taken of your teeth to help determine if you are eligible. If you are a candidate, Dr. Frank Celenza will be able to help you decide which device is best for your smile.
We invite you to contact our office at 212-327-2623 today for more information about AcceleDent in New York, New York, and how it can help your smile. Schedule an appointment with us today!